Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Release Day Blitz:: Take a Chance (Willow Creek #4) by Micalea Smeltzer




Title: Take a Chance
Series: Willow Creek #4
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
 Release Date: August 25, 2015




Blurb


I had life all figured out.

Married with a baby on the way I stupidly believed that things were perfect.


But then the good guy I fell in love with turned out to not be as good as I thought.


I was left alone to pick up the pieces of my life and provide for my daughter.


And then I met him.


Hayes.


The bad boy that just might not be so bad.

Three years after her husband walked out on her Arden James is struggling to make ends meet as a single mom. Despite it all, she knows she’s better off with her ex out of the picture, and so is her daughter.

Josh Hayes—player, jokester, and very naughty boy—is the guitar player for the band Willow Creek. He’s used to living the fast life, but suddenly it doesn’t appeal to him anymore, and he has his sights set on the fiery Arden.


Despite their undeniable chemistry, Arden isn’t sure she wants to invite a man into her life that has never been in a committed relationship before. But Hayes is determined to prove to her that there’s more to him than meets the eye. He just needs Arden to take a chance.







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK

My Review

From the very first book I have loved this series. Each one has stayed with me long after I've finished, although Last to Know will always be my soft spot. Take a Chance comes second to Last to Know though. Throughout the series Hayes has been in the background and more of a soft spoken character. In Take a Chance I got to see a whole new side of Hayes, one that I loved. 

I also really liked Arden. I can definitely relate to the whole single mom bit, so this book gave me some hope ;) Together Arden and Hayes make a great couple. He is great with Arden's daughter which somewhat surprised me given he's a rock star, but honestly I shouldn't be surprised by anything the Willow Creek boys do these days! 

Hayes comes off as a bad boy, but really he's a softie. He is a sweetheart and more like a giant teddy bear. He treats Arden a lot better than her husband did and he's very good to her daughter despite the fact that she isn't his. Although they have amazing chemistry, Arden is gun shy because of being a mom, doing what is right for her daughter, and the fact that she thought she had found the man for her years ago but was instead left broken hearted. I really enjoyed watching Arden come out of her shell and begin to let Hayes in. 

Of course a Willow Creek book can't be possible without checking in with the rest of the Willow Creek band so I was happy to see how everyone was doing these days.

Take a Chance is an AMAZING book and Smeltzer once again delivers a hit! 

★★★★




Also Available



AMAZON US / UK





AMAZON US / UK





AMAZON US / UK








Author Bio



Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment