Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: Uncharted by Claudia Burgoa

Title: Uncharted
Author: Claudia Burgoia
Series: Unexpected #3
Pages: 373
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: July 21st, 2015

Jacob


As a rule, men don’t grow up believing in a happily ever after. We don’t believe in meeting the love of our lives; or the white picket fence, and 2.5 children. Every man thinks that those stupid dreams or fantasies are just nonexistent shit until it happens to them. We should have been forewarned.


I wish I was prepared for someone to appear in my life and change all my priorities. I suddenly wanted that fence and children. The part of meeting the love of my life became very real, but I wasn’t ready for suddenly losing it all, and my life plummeting into this shithole forever. 


The heartbreak of losing your soulmate is one of the worst pains you will ever live with. I should campaign and warn the young people. Vaccinate against love because if you lose it, you could lose yourself for the rest of your life. The burden on your back will forever mark you and wither away your soul, darkening your days and the rest of your natural life.

This isn’t false advertisement or a dramatic display of one bitter soul.


Pria

I fought by my mother's side until her last breath, and tried to help my father until his last memories dissipated. My sister is the last one standing, but her life is a miracle that can end at any given moment. All my life I’ve never been alone, but always felt lonely.

Today, my options on how to live my life are endless, yet my heart and my best friend limit them. Stay in Seattle, close to the one person that will never let me inside his world.

The thug, as mom would've called him. A man with a bad boy attitude and a heart bigger than the ocean.


My Review
Angsty and emotional, Uncharted is the third book in the Unexpected series and the best one yet! JC, Jacob Christian, is the eldest of the three triplets and first appeared in the first book, Unlike Any Other.

JC meets Pria at the young age of 18 in a college bookstore. The two are attracted to one another and have a whirlwind, fun romance as they spend a week together forgetting about the outside world. As they go their separate ways, they don't realize that the next time they see one another it will be years later.

Unfortunately for both Pria and JC, the years have been rough on each one of them and they have both faced their share of struggles. JC has demons that weigh heavily on him and has turned to alcohol and one-night stands with nameless girls to dull the pain and make him forget. 

Pria goes through her struggles also, but she is such a strong and amazing character. I was blown away at her show of strength and how well written this character was. JC, too!

Burgoa has a spark within her and easily able to capture the emotions of her characters and portray them through the pages. The emotions of her books call to you and as you connect with each character (which is such an easily thing to do with such well-written ones), you feel their emotions. Pain, loss, heartache, love, friendship...It's all there for you to feel as you read Burgoa's books, especially this one.

I genuinely felt for JC and felt his pain. I loved him as a character prior to this book and now that I have been given a glimpse into his mind and life, I love him even more. 

Burgoa is such a talented author and I love this series so much. I recommend you begin with book one in order to get a sense of family dynamics within the triplets and their parents. I promise you won't regret picking up this series ;)

★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment