Sunday, June 21, 2015

Ahoy, Mateys! It's time for COYER Scavenger Hunt 2015!




It's that time again... COYER (Clean Out Your E-Reader). This time COYER is in two parts - Cleaning off your e-reader obviously, but also an additional list of scavenger hunt books. COYER sounds like a blast this year and I can't wait to dive in. The challenge is from June 20th to September 4th and is hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading, Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun, and Stormi @ Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My!

I participated in COYER last year and had a lot of fun, but there were some things I want to change for this year. Last year, I was still kind of shy and nervous as a blogger and this was the first read-a-thon I tried my hand at. Needless to say, I did not participate as much in the Facebook group as I would have liked to. This year one of my goals is to actively participate in the Facebook group. The week go as follows:

Monday Motivation: Tell us your goals for the week!
Teaser Tuesday: We’ll jump on with the Teaser Tuesday meme’s idea, give us a 1 to 2 sentence tease from your current read.
Who Are You? Wednesday: Pick a character from your current book that you’d like to be (or would hate to be).
Tag You’re It Thursday: We’ve moved it, but it’s the same! Take turns asking a question for the whole group!
TGIF!: Tell us how you did on your goals this week!

Other goals this year include:
  1. TWITTER: Participate in at least TWO Twitter parties. Twitter parties are being held on: Saturday 6/27, Sunday 7/12, Saturday 7/25, Saturday 8/8, Sunday 8/23. Each one takes place at 4 PM EST. 
  2. SUPPORTIVE PARTICIPANT: Grand prizes are broken up into three groups; reviews, scavenger hunt, and supportive participant. I'm looking forward to checking to see what other COYER participants are reading so I want to make my goal for COYER to check in on others and comment at least FIVE COYER participant's reviews per day. Also, I want to check #coyer tweets regularly and chat with other participants.
  3. SCAVENGER HUNT: I know that I probably won't be able to cross off this entire list, but I'm going to try my hardest. I already have some books planned out for the hunt and will be adding more over the week as I settle into a rhythm. 
  4. READ-A-THONS: I want to participate in at least TWO read-a-thons, if not all. I'm going through my books and seeing what books will work for these read-a-thons:                  
    Beach Party: Read books that take place on/near a beach or involve vacation. Runs July 18-24.
    Campfire Reads: Read books that YOU consider scary. Runs August 1-7.
    Happy B-day COYER: Read books whose title includes C, O, Y, E, & R. Runs August 15 – 21.
    Dog Days of Summer: Read a book with an animal on the cover. Runs August 29 – September 4.
Red, White, & Blue: Read something with red, white, blue on the cover or the words red, white, or blue in the title. Runs July 4-10.

5. READING & REVIEWING: I want to read & review at least 30 books for COYER. If I pass this goal, I will be extremely happy, but I will still be feel-good-great as long as I reach this goal. 
6. AUDIO BOOKS: I've never been much for audio books until recently. I want to listen to at least TWO-THREE audio books throughout the next few months.
7. READ OUTLANDER! While I don't have all my books picked out for the next few months yet, I have heard amazing things lately about this book and television series. Someone sent me a paperback copy and it arrived just in time for COYER, so this is one of my TBR books for COYER.
8. NETGALLEY & EDELWEISS: Clear my shelves. Admittedly, I've been doing awesome lately at getting my books read and reviewed, but there's a few older ones I want to get checked off. I also want to up my rating.

I saw someone in the Facebook group post photos of a binder they made exclusively for COYER and I think this is a wonderful idea. Surprisingly with how OCD and organized I am, I did not think of this before. I think I am going to get one together though because this is a great way to keep track of everything for COYER and you can add to it as each COYER challenge comes around!

For more information on COYER or to sign up, you can visit one of the hosts here:

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Coyer organizer too. I should do something like that. I wish that I had thought of it before Coyer started since I am busy visiting and reading now, but I may still put something together.
    Best of luck with your reading goals. I look forward to seeing what you read.

    ReplyDelete