Friday, September 5, 2014

ARC Review: Rules of Protection by Alison Bliss

Title: Rules of Protection (A Tangled in Texas Novel)
Author: Alison Bliss
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Length: 392 pages
Release Date: August 26, 2014
ISBN: 978-1-63375-062-3
Imprint: Select

Purchase Links: Barnes & Noble / Amazon / iTunes / Kobo / Amazon UK


It’s rule breaker Emily Foster’s birthday, and like everyone at The Jungle Room, she just wants to get some action. Unfortunately, she stumbles on the wrong kind, witnessing a mob hit. To protect her, she’s entered into the Witness Protection Program with by-the-book Special Agent Jake Ward as her chaperone.
When the location of their safe house is compromised, Jake stashes Emily deep in the Texas backwoods. The city-girl might be safe from the Mafia, but she has to contend with a psychotic rooster, a narcoleptic dog, crazy cowboys, and the danger of losing her heart to the one man she can’t have.
Jake’s as hot as he is infuriating, and she can’t help but push all his buttons to loosen him up. Their mutual, sizzling sexual attraction poses a dilemma: Jake’s determined to keep her safe and out of the wrong hands; she’s determined to get into the right ones—his.

My Review: Emily Foster is witty, sarcastic, and not just in trouble, but trouble herself. Special Agent Jake Ward lives by the rules but when sassy Emily Foster comes tripping head over heels into his life Jake is in for one wild ride.

With crop circles, a dog who may or may not be dead, an ex named Bobbie Jugs (Jo) to compete with and stuck in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, Emily may just drive herself and Jake crazy. Will they end up tearing each other apart or tearing each other's clothes off is the question.

For starters I have to say...I LOVE THIS BOOK. Yes, shout-y caps and all. Rules of Protection had me laughing out loud so much everyone probably thought I was crazy. Yes, I'm talking about you lady in the green t-shirt. I saw you giving me weird looks because I was laughing myself crazy. In my defense though who wouldn't laugh out loud reading this hilarious book by Alison Bliss?

Alison has created the perfect blend of humor, passion, love, and suspense in Rules of Protection. If this book was a movie it would be one of the greatest romantic comedies. 

Emily is a riot with her unguarded mouth that has no filter what so ever. Emily's character may have been one of the best characters I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Jake, a stickler for the rules when it comes to most things, makes me laugh at the way he keeps trying to shoot Emily down but always leave himself open for more.

Emily and Jake's fights are amazing while the passion between them is sizzling. Do you know how many times I yelled at my e-Reader saying "C'mon, just go there already!"? But I have to say the build-up was great and actually pretty perfect for these two. Usually in books now a days the hook-ups happen immediately so the wait was pretty refreshing. Plus reading everything that came in between keeps you entertained. I would love to see more of Emily and Jake together. Please tell me they have another book coming! How about the two of them chasing down a case together? Emily with her sassy wit and Jake with his "rules of protection" hunting the bad guys...Yeah, sounds perfect to me.

Alison Bliss' Rules of Protection is one of my TOP FIVE books of 2014. I have not a single complaint about this book. I loved the characters, the plot, the setting, the romance and the humor. I need more from Alison Bliss! Readers, I highly urge you to go one click away now! Yes, really. Go click, click, click! ;)

Favorite Jake line: "Did aliens invade your pants and leave crop circles in their wake?"

Favorite Jake/Emily part (well, one of many): 
The hunk smiled as if he read my mind. "I always wanted a girl to fall head over heels for me."
I stood motionless and tried to think of something to say that didn't sound stupid. "Well, next time I'm near your crotch, I'll be sure to bring knee pads." Nope. That wasn't it.


No comments:

Post a Comment