Thursday, July 30, 2015

ARC Review: Written on My Heart by Cole Gibsen

Title: Written on My Heart
Author: Cole Gibsen
Release Date: July 28th, 2015 by Entangled Publishing
Pages: 290

Some words last forever...
It's been six months since Ashlyn Daniels was kicked out of her home. Six months since she stood up to her abusive stepfather and got a busted rib-and seeing all her things set ablaze in a backyard bonfire-for her trouble. Never going back. She doesn't need trouble...especially if trouble is tattoo artist Lane Garrett, who's six-feet-plus of tattooed hotness and a complete ass.
Lane has spent the last decade fighting to support his family. To protect them. There's no room for romance, even with a fragile (yet amusingly feisty) stunner...even if she somehow manages to invade his world and his heart.
But while some secrets are as visible as ink on the skin, others must remain hidden at all costs..


My Review
First off, the cover for Written on My Heart is absolutely amazing and just spoke to me from the beginning. The perfect colors, eye catching details, and fonts, the cover for Written on My Heart is beautiful.

Secondly, this story is absolutely heartbreaking, yet incredibly wonderful all at the same time. Written on My Heart is the story of second chances and both Ashlyn and Lane are in need of one. 

Ashlyn was verbally and mentally abused by her step-father until she could no longer stand the abuse and left home, leaving her mother behind. Homeless and sleeping in her car, she takes the first apartment she can afford with a less than stellar roommate. The only bright side in her life and the only thing she has for herself is her poetry. When a co-worker makes friends with Ashlyn, she is startled to meet her co-worker's brother, Lane. Ashlyn finds Lane irresistible but he is off-limits since he has a girlfriend.. or so she thinks.

Ashlyn and Lane are just what each other needs. Both in search of a second chance and something more for their lives', Ashlyn and Lane meet at the right time and the rest is as they say it, history. 

I loved both Ashlyn and Lane's characters. Ashlyn is such a beautiful and strong woman full of talent and life just waiting to burst from her. Whereas Lane is a protector and cares deeply for his family. Together Ashlyn and Lane make a stunning couple and I loved watching them fall in love.

I love Cole Gibsen's writing style and the way she drew me into the book. I felt as if I was a part of the book while at the same time feeling genuine emotions that the characters were feeling. Gibsen is an incredibly talented author and I look forward to reading more from her.

Written on My Heart is one of my favorite books of 2015 and is definitely a book to be re-read and cherished over and over again. 

★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment