Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Release Day Blitz (& Reviews): Never Too Late by Micalea Smeltzer




Title: Never Too Late
Series: Willow Creek #2
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
 Release Date: April 21, 2015



Synopsis




I’d never met anyone quite like Mathias Wade.

He was brooding and arrogant, but I loved him anyway.


Together we were wild and uncontained—a hurricane raging.


Then I had to leave, and words were exchanged that could never be undone.

But now I was back, and Mathias better watch out, because this bitch wasn’t finished with him.



Game. Set. Match.


All is fair in love and war, right?



Mathias Wade, the lead singer of Willow Creek, is used to getting everything he wants. Except for Remy Parker—the one that got away. Childhood friends that grew into more, Remy was the one constant in his life until she moved away. In anger, he lashed out and broke the only girl he ever loved. With temptation around every corner Mathias drowns his sorrow in women and alcohol. When the band returns to their hometown for the holidays the last thing Mathias expects is to run into Remy—but she’s back, and she’s not done with him.

Remy never forgot Mathias or the pain he caused her. When she moves back to the place she grew up to take care of her ailing grandma her heart is set on revenge. She’s determined to make Mathias fall in love with her all over again—only this time she’s going to break his heart.

But Mathias never stopped loving Remy—and she soon discovers that her feelings haven’t disappeared either.

Can two people too stubborn for their own good overcome their own demons and find the love they always deserved?






Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK



Excerpt

I jumped up on the counter and he moved to stand in front of me, bracing his hands beside my hips. I kicked my legs against the cabinets like a little kid as he stared down at me intensely. I wasn’t sure what he was looking for in my eyes, but he must have found it, because he cupped my cheek and leaned in.
“This feels like when we were younger,” he whispered. “Like no time at all has passed.” His words echoed my previous thoughts.
I closed my eyes, feeling his breath fan across my lips.
God, I’d missed him.
It didn’t seem possible to miss someone I’d grown to hate, but I did.
I was pretty sure that when someone like Mathias came into your life they were impossible to forget.
He was like the sun, burning so bright that even once he was gone I was still blinded.
“Did you ever miss me?” I asked. “Even once?” I held my breath, waiting for him to explode—because that was Mathias. He could be nice one minute and an asshole the next. I wouldn’t put it past him to kick me out for my question.
Instead he surprised me by leaning in impossibly closer and nuzzling my neck. “Always.”





My Review


We met Mathias, Maddox's complicated twin brother and band mate, in the first Willow Creek book, Last To Know. Mathias is broody, has a angst filled past, and has a propensity to swear like a sailor on leave. 

Remy, who was mentioned in the first book, has a heartbreaking past with Mathias. Not having seen him in seven years, she thought she was finally over him and that she hated him. Then they run in to one another and the feelings between the two come bubbling to the surface.

With Mathias' fame and the secret Remy is keeping, will these two be able to get a happily ever after or are they destined to leave one another at every turn?

I loved Last To Know. Readers of the book have all fallen in love with Maddox and his unique pet hedgehog, Sonic. Even when I was reading the first book in this series though, I was drawn to Mathias for some reason and I wanted to know his story. Luckily for me (and every other reader drawn to this character), Micalea Smeltzer answered our prayers and gave us a whole series featuring the Willow Creek boys. 

Mathias is a bad boy with a chip on his shoulder. His reputation includes fights and women, but his heart has only belonged to one: Remy Parker, the girl who he pushed away. I loved Mathias character - not because I felt bad for past (I did), but because of how unique he was. He was broody, but passionate. He was talented, but unsure. He is stylish and crude, but his besides Remy, his heart belongs to a little dog named Shiloh. He comes off rough, but he's a big brother. He's a walking contradiction and I LOVE it. I love him. 

Remy, I definitely felt for her and her past situation. I didn't agree with how she handled things, but I loved what a strong, independent female character she was. 

Although Mathias was my favorite character of the book, I can't forget to mention Remy's grandma. That feisty old lady could give anyone a run for their money. I loved her spitfire personality, her addiction to CW shows, and her ability to talk about penis' like she was in her 20's. I only hope to be half as feisty as this woman when I'm her age!

As with the first book, I once again fell in love with the characters, the plot, the setting. I love the Willow Creek boys and cannot wait for Ezra's book. Sadie and Ezra? Sounds like the plot monkey is going to have a good story to tell for these two.

*Note: The Willow Creek books are written in one point of view, not two. This book featured Remy's point of view.

★★★★★

Also Available


Free

AMAZON US / UK
B&N / iBOOKS / KOBO

My Review

I LOVE MADDOX.
Yes, I had to start with that so that you all know about my love for this character. Now that I have gotten that out of the way...

Emma is a simple girl who has seemed to lost her way after her father walked out a few years earlier. Emma now plays things safe. Sticking to her close circle of her best friend Sadie and her mom, Emma isn't the girl you would see falling in love with a rock star, but one summer and a boy named Maddox changes all of that.

Maddox Wade is a rising star. With a pet hedgehog named Sonic who rides on his shoulder and a pair of drumsticks in his pocket, Maddox is probably one of the most laid back rock stars I know... which is one of many reasons I love him. 

When Maddox meets Emma he realizes that he can be himself with her, because she doesn't know who he is. With a summer of adventure in front of them, Maddox and Emma find themselves falling in love. The walls Emma have built and her rule not to fall in love becomes obsolete because of a boy who will knit for her, brings her flowers, and breaks down her barriers to get her to live life freely.

I loved the plot and characters but most of all, I loved the sweet romance between these two. Maddox and Emma show that opposites can attract. Whereas he is outgoing, she is shy. He's not afraid to live life and she's just beginning to realize living might not be such a bad thing. They bring out the best in one another and it's not your typical young love relationship. 

Micalea Smeltzer has created and brought to life characters that you want to keep reading about. You want to know what happens next. From the main characters to the supporting characters, you can't help but love them all. 

I really enjoyed this read and if you like books that aren't your typical rock star romances, this one is for you -- and it's FREE right now!

★★★★★




Author Bio



Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.




Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment