Friday, April 17, 2015

Book Review: Love The Way You Lie (Stripped #1) by Skye Warren

Title: Love The Way You Lie
Series: Stripped #1
Author: Skye Warren
Format: eBook (Provided in exchange by the author for an honest review.)
Pages: 248
Links: Goodreads  | Amazon  | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis: A dark romance about the lies that lead us down… 

I’ll do anything to get safe, even if that means working at the scariest club in town.

I’ll do anything to stay hidden, even if it means taking off my clothes for strangers.

I’ll do anything to be free. Except give him up. When he looks at me, I forget why I can’t have him. He’s beautiful and scarred. His body fits mine, filling the places where I’m hollow, rough where I am soft.

He’s the one man who wants to help me, but he has his own agenda. He has questions I can’t answer. What are you afraid of?

You.

                                                         My Review
Honey is a woman trying to stay hidden by becoming a stripper. Hoping that her boss can find information on her mother that had gone missing years prior, Honey does what she has to do not only for that information but for the secret she keeps hidden so that it can remain safe. 

Kip is a dark, mysterious alpha who sets his sights on Honey. A bad boy, Kip seems to be someone Honey should be afraid of and yet she finds herself wanting to be around Kip.

Both Honey and Kip are both hiding secrets, but should Honey add Kip to her list of men to be scared of?

The chemistry between Honey and Kip is utterly explosive. So explosive in fact, I am surprised my e-reader didn't spontaneously combust.

Warren's writing is captivatingly beautiful in it's darkness. Admittedly, Love The Way You Lie is not as dark as a lot of dark romances including Warren's own previous work, but still remains in that realm. I think readers who don't enjoy dark romances would still enjoy this read. 

The plot is mind blowing. With a cast that involves strippers, killers, and mobsters you never know what will happen next. Also, the fact that one of those monsters is in fact a cop stuns me. As for Honey and Kip, I think their characters were well written and their descriptions made them pop from the pages. 

I especially enjoyed the ending of Love The Way You Lie. I'm already anticipating the next book in this series, Better When It Hurts, which releases June 4th. 


P.S. Lovelies, you can also pick up the prequel to Love The Way You Lie, Tough Love (0.5) HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment