Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 IS HERE & HEALTHY IS IN STYLE! ♥


Today begins 2016 and while I'm not one to usually make resolutions, this year I have a few I want to focus on, both in my personal life and in my blogging one also.

In years prior, I would pick a word to sum up what I wanted for the year and last year's word was COURAGE. Last year I found the courage to try things I never imagined and to chase my dreams. In 2015 I made some great friendships, I became a personal assistant to a few wonderful authors who I have come to adore and I finally branched out from just blogging and opened Anchored by Books Promotions a few months ago. In my personal life, I even found the courage to open myself back up and dip my toes into the dating pool. 

Another thing I found the courage to do in 2015 was commit to being healthy. Not only for myself, but for my son.

Which brings me to my words for 2016: DETERMINATION, CONFIDENCE, JOY, and GRATITUDE.

Why these words?

DETERMINATION - I am determined to make 2016 one of the best years I have had. I am determined to meet my health goals, my blogging goals (coming up tomorrow), and my goals for my personal life. At the same time, I am determined to make the most of 2016 and the opportunities that come my way.

CONFIDENCE - Confidence is something that I have struggled with since I was a child. I was the nerdy, shy kid and while I attracted some attention, it wasn't always the right attention. This year I want to be confident in myself as a person and I want that confidence to shine and radiate from me. 

JOY - I have been blessed beyond measure, but sometimes I overlook the things that bring me joy and focus on everything else going on around me. This year I want to take time to be more joyful. I need to learn how to take in the wonders of the world, take joy in the Lord, and to focus on the good.

GRATITUDE - God has blessed me with so many things in my life and continues blessing me each day. I want to take time to really be thankful this year for what the Lord has blessed me with and what he continues to bring into my life and the lessons he has taught me.  

NOW FOR MY 2016 FITNESS GOALS

In 2015...

I lost 40 pounds in 2015 and as 2016 begins, my goal is to continue on my weight loss journey. To do so I will be focusing on being a part of FitReaders, a terrfic group that I stumbled upon just recently. I am so excited to make this a part of my fitness lifestyle. I am committing to do at least 10 of the 12 5Ks and hopefully by the end of 2016, I will be doing the 10Ks. 

Another thing I am doing is FitGirls on Instagram. The FitGirl's Guide has a wonderful following and support network and beginning January 4th, I am starting the first round of 28 Day Jumpstart. As with FitReaders, I also have goals for FitGirl's and those goals are:


JANUARY FITGIRL GOALS
1. Lose 10 Pounds by February 1st.
2. Drink Lots of Water
3. Stay Positive
4. More Yoga
5. Be More Confident
6. Have Fun
7. Get More Sleep
8. Love My Body
9. Never Give Up
10. Be An Awesome FitSister Cheerleader. 

Two other things I would like to focus on in 2016 are both Virtual 5Ks. I want to take part in at least one Hogwarts Running Club 5K. Have you heard about this awesome program or seen the medals? For those of you who are Harry Potter fanatics like myself, this running club is for YOU! 

Some of the Hogwarts Running Club's past events included the Patronus 5k and Platform 9 3/4 K. Aren't these medals incredible?



Another awesome virtual 5k program FLEXitPINK on Instagram. Not only do they have some awesome fitness apparel, their virtual 5K packages are AMAZING. My goal is to do the 4th Annual Run For Boobies in October. 

Speaking of FLEXitPINK, these workout tops are all on my wishlist for this year. Aren't they fab?

No comments:

Post a Comment