Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Recently Added To Be Read Books

Last week I took advantage of the many sales going on along with some new releases that hit shelves. I added some great books to my to be read list and I'm sure I'll be adding more this week, but until then, here are my top ten picks..
 

 
 1. Consolation by Corinne Michaels
 
Book One in the Consolation Duet

Liam wasn’t supposed to be my happily ever after.
He wasn’t even on my radar.
He was my husband’s best friend—forbidden.

But my husband is dead and I’m alone. I ache for him and I reach for Liam.

One night with Liam changed everything. Now I have to decide if I truly love him or if he’s just the consolation prize.
 
2. Deep Blue Eternity by Natasha Boyd
 
Livvy is on the run. And she’s escaped to the one place nobody will ever find her.

But the isolated cottage isn’t empty. Her refuge is home to a troubled stranger, Tom, there for reasons of his own.

In the intimacy of the abandoned cottage, and the remote wilderness of the island, the electrifying connection between them is impossible to ignore. Both running from their histories and shielding dark secrets, their pasts catch up with them and collide in an unimaginable way.

Deep emotions and powerful chemistry face a painful battle with the tangle of lies, and scars of the past. When the truth emerges, hearts will be shattered.
 
3. Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec
 
Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most.

Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy


To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time.
 
4. Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti
 
“In here,” he said, pushing on the skin above my heart, “you're ten below zero. And you’re closer to death than I am.”

My name is Parker. My body is marked with scars from an attack I don’t remember. I don’t want to remember. I choose to live my life by observation, not through experience. While people are laughing and kissing and connecting, I’m in the corner. Watching them live. I’m indifferent to everything, everyone. The only emotion I feel with any kind of depth is annoyance, and I feel it often.

A text message sent to the wrong number proves to be my undoing.

His name is Everett, but I call him rude. He’s pushy, he’s arrogant, he crowds my personal space, and worst of all: he makes me feel.

He chooses to wear all black, all the time, as if he’s waiting to attend a funeral. Probably because he is.

Everett is dying. And he’s spending his final days living, truly living. In doing so, he’s forcing me to feel, to heal. To come face to face with the demons I suppressed in my memory.

He hurts me, he fulfills me, he completes me. And still, he's dying.
 
 
                                     5. Steering the Stars by Autumn Doughton

Two girls. Two stories. One journey.

Be careful what you wish for…
Aspiring writer Hannah Vaughn worries that she is doomed to live out the rest of her existence in a sleepy Oklahoma town. For as long as she can remember, she’s dreamed of something more – adventure, excitement, intrigue. When her sister invites her to London and she’s accepted to a prestigious writing program at The Warriner School, she jumps at the chance. But will it be epic or an epic fail?

You’ll never know if you don’t try…
Nothing ever happens to straight-A student Caroline McKain and that’s exactly the way she likes it. With her best friend in London and junior year looming on the horizon, all she wants is to remain invisible. So when she is suddenly thrust into the spotlight, she must ask herself: Can an invisible girl really take center stage?

Follow Hannah and Caroline as they navigate the complexities of first love, family and growing up. As their bond is tested, the girls will learn that being apart can ultimately bring you together. Steering the Stars is a fresh, heartfelt young adult story about fate, discovery, and the magic of friendship.

6. Empathy by Ker Dukey
 
Blake:
I am a brother
I am a police detective
I am a contract killer
I don’t want to love
I don’t want to feel
I don’t want … EMPATHY.

They say some people are born with decreased activity in the front central lobe causing them a deficiency in empathy. Maybe that’s true about me but whether I was born this way or created in a moment of evil, empathy was something I didn’t possess until her green eyes met mine in the mirror and I couldn’t take her life.

I didn’t want to feel, didn’t want this woman in my life complicating how I lived but she was there at every turn. Sent to haunt me for my sins. Her light so bright she provoked a shadow from everyone she touched. When a job turns bad quickly altering my life forever I’m forced to feel. When nothing is making sense I’m forced to face truths I never would recover from. When life drowns you in its cruelty you don’t know which way the current will drag you or who you’ll become once you re-surface.

Melody:
I was a daughter
I was a student
I was a victim
Did I have his love?
Did I make him feel?
Did I have his empathy?
When the actions of a soulless killer forces sorrow into my veins I never dreamed the man healing my wounds would be the one to leave the worst scar. His love would scar my soul. Scars are permanent; I will never feel the relief from them. Will I learn to live with them, remember why I have them and learn never to let him close enough to inflict more? Will I eventually cover them… like tattoos coating them with new memories, new love and new starts? I didn’t know these answers because the pain was too suffocating, the only thing I knew was they will always be under the surface lingering. He had scars too, from his sins. There is nothing that can cover them, they were too deep, too ugly, too dark and they marked us both forever.

Warning: This book will mess with your mind. It is a very dark, sexy, twisted romance novel. 18+ only.
  
 
7. Carolina Hurricane by Gwendolyn Grace
 
I was standing in the middle of nowhere with no real destination in mind. There was only the dire need to disappear from Charleston. With my head tilted up to the gray sky and my eyes closed, I let the light droplets of rain fall onto my face. I’d reached a crossroads in my life and was trying to find a reason to keep going. I had no idea a hurricane was coming and fate would choose that moment for our paths to cross.

“Hey! You okay?” A voice called out to me in a deep southern drawl, pulling me out of my fog. “Can I give you a ride somewhere?”
I opened my eyes and found a pair of intense blue eyes staring back at me. His name was Fox. He had an irresistibly sexy grin, and judging by his fast car, a need for speed. His timing couldn’t have been more perfect. I was looking to start a little trouble, since it was what I did best and he seemed like a good target. After sharing an incredible night together, I quickly learned that Fox was more than he appeared and full of delicious surprises. He gifted my body with unbelievable pleasures and unlocked emotions that I’d wanted to keep hidden. When I pushed him away, he left claiming a piece of my soul.

I never imagined that getting into his car that day would start a transformation within me and forever change the course of my life. Fox challenged every rule I’d ever made by tearing down the carefully constructed barriers around my heart. I never intended to fall in love with him but how could I resist a man who was so different than I’d expected and more than I ever deserved? The grayness in my life caused by loss and betrayal was waging a storm within me; Fox was the anchor I needed to stop the inner turmoil and bring me back into the light.

**Carolina Hurricane is the first book in the Carolina Boys- Love in Fast Lane Novellas series**
 
 
                                   8. Strictly Temporary Volume One by Ella Fox
 
Just a Small Towne girl…
Raised on fairytales and dreams of true love, Arden Winger left for college with a smile on her face and a happy, hopeful heart. Fast-forward seven years and that small town is behind her, but not the baggage she’s been carrying since she left.

Just a city boy…

It’s not that Exton Alexander had anything against relationships—he just never had the desire to try. Not necessarily jaded, Exton considered himself a realist. Little did he know, the one woman that would change everything was about to rock his world. This Alpha male knows the second he lays eyes on her that Arden is special-- now he just has to work past her defenses.
9. Strictly Temporary Volume Two by Ella Fox
 
The conclusion of Arden and Exton's story.
 
10. Hidden in Lies (Lies and Truth Duet Book 1) by Rachael Duncan
Who needs love when you have money?
This has been my motto. This is who I am. Who I’m expected to be.
All of that changed when he walked into my life and made me question everything. As my personal security guard, I can’t escape him or the way he makes me feel.
He makes me laugh.
He makes me second guess my choices.
He makes me want more from life.
I hide in a bed of deception to disguise myself. It used to be enough, but now I’m not so sure.
Can I sacrifice those who depend on me for my own happiness?
I’m Elizabeth Fitzgerald.
I’m a Senator’s wife.
And I hate my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment